Since 1999 we have been committed to making a positive contribution to the east of England's biodiversity through delivery of our 10-year Biodiversity Action Plan (BAP).
The first of our 10-year plans was completed in 2010 and a new plan which is due to run until 2020 is now in place. In this plan we will be looking at
- 60 species
- 16 habitat types
Our plan feeds into local and regional targets for habitats and species that have been set nationally.
Much of our plan is delivered through partnership projects with many different organisations. Some of our major sites are managed by Wildlife Trusts working on our behalf (see below).
Other projects vary from habitat restoration to species reintroduction.
- Tetney Blow Wells - Lincolnshire Wildlife Trust
- Rutland Water - Leicestershire and Rutland Wildlife Trust
- Grafham Water - Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire, Northamptonshire and Peterborough Wildlife Trust
- Pitsford Water - Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire, Northamptonshire and Peterborough Wildlife Trust
- Foxcote Reservoir - Berkshire, Buckinghamshire and Oxfordshire Wildlife Trust
- Newbourne Springs - Suffolk Wildlife Trust
- Marham Fen - Norfolk Wildlife Trust