You are here:

Requisition a new public sewer or public lateral drain

public sewer sign

If your site has no means of drainage to an existing public sewer due to third party land, you can requisition (formally request) a new public sewer. This means that we can provide both a foul and surface water sewer to serve the site.

The application form should be used to requisition a new public sewer or public lateral drain under Section 98 of the Water Industry Act 1991 and the Water Act 2003 where you propose to design and construct the works under Section 30 of the Anglian Water Authority Act 1977. 

If this is not the case and you require Anglian Water to deliver the scheme then please contact your Growth Liaison Manager or the Drainage Team before completing the form.

For more information on public lateral drains see our public lateral drain guidance note.

For more information about surface water requisitions discharging to watercourses see our Deed of Easement document.

InFlow logo

To apply to formally request a public sewer or public lateral drain, please log in to our portal InFlow

Apply here

You will find our handy user guide for drainage services here

You can also access InFlow by copying this link and pasting into your browser:

If you experience any technical problems with InFlow, or you require more information, please get in touch by email: or call us on 0345 60 66 087, option 3.

Need help with your application form or want further information?


Call: 0345 60 66 087 (8.30am to 4.30pm Monday to Thursday; 8.30am to 4.00pm Friday)



Copyright © 2019 Anglian Water Services Ltd All rights reserved

Registered in England No. 2366656. Registered Office: Lancaster House, Lancaster Way, Ermine Business Park, Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire. PE29 6XU