One of Anglian Water's five Education Centres is at the wastewater treatment works in Chelmer Village, Chelmsford. Each day the works treats the wastewater from homes in the surrounding area. It's not just homes, but businesses and other places too.
A visit to the Centre gives pupils a chance to enjoy a guided tour of the Works to see how wastewater is treated. Our fully equipped classroom also provides an exciting range of experiences and activities such as:
- An explanation of Anglian Water's role in the water cycle.
- A chance to investigate the use of filtration to clean wastewater.
- A look at the hidden world of micro-organisms using a digital microscope.
- Global water issues, climate change and the work of WaterAid.
- How to be water efficient and look after the wastewater system.
Sessions are led by a qualified teacher and are designed to link directly with the National Curriculum. We are also happy to prepare a specific programme of activities depending on the requirements of your pupils.
Visits to the Centre are FREE.