One of Anglian Water's five Education Centres is at the Wastewater Treatment Works on Weldon Road, in Corby. Each day the works treats the wastewater from the homes in the surrounding area.
A visit to the Centre gives pupils a chance to enjoy a guided tour of the Wastewater Treatment Works and take part in practical activities, problem solving and decision making linked to the study of water.
- An explanation of the water cycle and Anglian Water's role within it.
- A chance to investigate the use of filtration to clean wastewater.
- A look at the hidden world of micro-organisms using a digital microscope.
- Global water issues, climate change and the work of WaterAid.
- How to be water efficient and look after the wastewater system.
- Investigate the wildlife area, pond dipping and mini-beast hunting.
Sessions are led by a qualified teacher and are designed to link directly with the National Curriculum. We are also happy to prepare a specific programme of activities depending on the requirements of your pupils.
Visits to the Education Centre are FREE.