What better way to relax than with a fishing rod in your hand?
Anglian Water offers trout fishing and coarse fishing at their water parks. There is a wide range of permit options available and fishing boats can be hired from Rutland fishing lodge. The Trout fishing season at Rutland Water runs from Friday 11 March 2016 to Tuesday 31 January 2017.
Rutland Water re-opens for trout fishing on Friday 10 March.
Rutland Water continues to excite and attract anglers from all over the United Kingdom and Europe Rutland Water hosts national and international fly fishing competitions and you can witness the excitement of the catch weigh-in at the fishing lodge, usually around 6pm.
Even when competitions are taking place, the needs of the pleasure angler just wanting peace and quite out on the water are still met.
- Sixty five per cent of trout caught weigh in at two pounds and trout grow to fifteen pounds.
- Huge pike and zander are also caught.
- Fishing permits are available from the tackle shops. However, if the shop is shut, tickets are available from:
• Vendor hut at the toilet block on Normanton car park, Rutland Water Park.
• Vendor hut next to the Rockblok at Whitwell car park, Rutland Water Park.
- Rutland Fishing Lodge boasts a well stocked tackle shop for all of your fly fishing needs