There are waterside cycle tracks to enjoy at Rutland Water, Grafham Water, Pitsford Water and Alton Water Parks.
Enjoy a gentle ride or a more serious test of your mettle.
Please be aware that the access tracks are also used by pedestrians and some vehicles, so racing is forbidden. A maximum speed limit of 10 miles per hour is in force on all tracks.
- At Rutland Water Park you can choose from an easy three-mile or eight-mile route or a more challenging 25-mile route around the reservoir.
- Grafham Water Park offers a 10-mile circular route.
- Pitsford Water has an attractive seven-mile route.
- At Alton Water there are four-miles of surfaced tracks but some lengths on the eastern shore are un-surfaced and offer a more challenging eight-mile route.
Just cycle as far as you want, stopping to admire the wonderful scenery or enjoy a stop for a snack at one of the many catering outlets along the route.
You can bring your own bicycle or hire one from the cycle hire centre on site. These can be found on the:
- Whitwell and Normanton car parks at Rutland Water Park.
- Marlow car park at Grafham Water Park.
- Brixworth Country Park car park at Pitsford Water Park.
- Stutton car park at Alton Water Park.
Buying a new bicycle - the cycle centres also offer a huge range of bicycles accessories. Expert staff are always on hand to give you the best advice when it comes to selecting your new bicycle. They provide a bicycle repair service - should you need it.