- elements of the environment, such as air and atmosphere, water, soil, land, landscape and natural sites including wetlands, coastal and marine areas, biological diversity and its components, including genetically modified organisms, and the interaction among these elements
- factors, such as substances, energy, noise, radiation or waste, including radioactive waste, emissions, discharges and other releases into the environment, affecting or likely to affect the environment
- measures, such as policies, legislation, plans, programmes, environmental agreements, and activities affecting or likely to affect the elements
- reports on the implementation of environmental legislation
- cost benefit and other economic analyses and assumptions; and
- the state of human health and safety, including the contamination of the food chain, where relevant, conditions of human life, cultural sites and built structures inasmuch as they are or may be affected by the state of the elements of the environment.
Anglian Water Services Limited has an obligation to respond to requests for environmental information within 20 working days of receipt of the request. For particularly complex and voluminous requests, we may seek an extension to this timeframe of a further 20 days.
The Environmental Information Regulations 2004 contain a series of 'exceptions' to disclosure, which allow for the refusal to disclose information under a number of circumstances, subject to the application of a public interest test.
We will make a charge for all environmental information requests.
Our charges for the provision of environmental information will be based upon the Information Commissioner’s guidance.
The charges will be made up of:
- staff time spent locating, retrieving and extracting the information requested. This will be charged at a rate of £25 per hour of staff time
- printing or copying the requested information. This will be charged at a rate of 10p per page
- postage fees will also be charged at cost. All documents will be sent 2nd Class Post.
Maps detailing the location of our water recycling infrastructure and assets (including both underground assets and above ground assets such as pumping stations and water recycling works) are available for viewing free of charge at your local council office. (Please contact them directly for access and opening hours). Alternatively, visit our office at Anglian Water, Osprey House, 1 Percy Road, Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire PE29 6SZ (Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.00pm, excluding bank holidays).
In writing to:
Anglian Water Services Limited
Legal Services Lancaster House, Lancaster Way, Ermine Business Park, Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire PE29 6YJ
Telephone: 03457 919 155
Please provide details of your request and contact details for us to send a reply to the request.
If you aren't happy with the way in which your request for information under the Environmental Information Regulations has been handled, we have a formal complaints procedure that we advise applicants to follow.
This information is available by submitting a form to our officers at Anglian Water, Osprey House, 1 Percy Road, Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire PE29 6SZ
The process is:
1. Complete an order form provided by the reception desk at Osprey House, or downloading here, ensuring that the following information is given:
- company (if applicable)
- email address
- telephone number
- postal address
- full property address
- information required (flooding / pressure / both).
2. Hand the completed form to reception together with cash or a cheque (made payable to Anglian Water Services Limited) for the appropriate amount (currently £5.00 per request per address)
3. The results of the search(es) will be returned to you via the email address provided within 2 working days.
Anglian Water Services Limited provides this information in good faith on the understanding that it is the information available at the time.
To the maximum extent permitted by law, Anglian Water Services Limited shall not be liable for breach of contract, tort, negligence, breach of statutory duty or otherwise, for any loss, damages, costs or expenses (including without limit, any loss of profit or anticipated profits; damage to reputation or goodwill; loss or corruption of data; loss of business or anticipated business; loss of revenue; loss of opportunity; or any indirect or consequential loss) you may suffer howsoever arising, and / or due to:
- any error or inaccuracy or omission; and/or
- any person acting, omitting to act, or refraining from acting, or otherwise, in reliance upon the information provided.
The information provided is intended for personal use only and must not be used for any other purpose whatsoever, including without limitation any commercial gain.
Should you have any queries with regards this decision or the order process, please send all correspondence to EIR@anglianwater.co.uk