Moving home

If you’re moving out of the region and would like to check who your new supplier is, visit the Water UK website.

If you're moving within the Anglian Water region, register for MyAccount and tell us about change of address. Alternatively you can fill in our online form here.

You’ll need the following information to hand:

  • your previous account number if you were an Anglian Water customer
  • the full postal address of your old and new property
  • your water meter reading for your old and new property
  • your bank account details if you wish to set up a direct debit.


Once you're in your new home:


We know moving house can be stressful, so here are some tips to help you get settled in to your new home.


Your Water

The water in this region is classed as ‘hard to very hard’. This is because the ground contains rocks with a high chalk (calcium carbonate) content. As water moves through these rocks, it dissolves some of the chalk making the water hard.  Hard water’s perfectly safe and there's evidence it can even be good for your health.


Check out our drinking water quality pages for tips on keeping your water healthy and use the postcode search to find out the hardness and drinking water quality in your area. It’s useful when setting up your domestic appliances.


If you're a business customer or you’ve recently purchased a non residential property, you’ll need to contact your water retailer to register or change your details.