It is the individual plumber that is the 'Approved Plumber' NOT the plumbing company. To check which plumbers are approved within an organisation, click on the company link in your WaterSafe search results and look under the heading 'Recognised Plumbers'.
When we compiled the information on our approved plumbers search, the companies listed employed qualified named plumbers or underground installers, who are familiar with the requirements of the Water Regulations.
The WaterSafe Search page aim is to help you find the nearest qualified plumbing engineer local to you to help keep water supplies safe and healthy in homes and businesses.
Your contract will be with the approved plumber/underground installer and NOT Anglian Water so we cannot give assurance of their availability or guarantee their work.
Please make sure you receive a Certificate of Water Regulations Compliance from the plumber or underground installer, after they have completed the work.
We accept certificates of work from all seven existing approved contractor schemes. To gain discount on your connection please ensure that the plumber/underground installer is approved with APLUS and NOT one of the other schemes.
WaterSafe brings together thousands of qualified contractors employed by businesses from the seven existing approved contractor schemes across the UK.
- WaterSafe is a free online search facility funded by the water industry to help customers find competent and qualified plumbers in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
- It is a national accreditation body which checks and approves businesses and their plumbers to give customers reassurance about the tradesmen undertaking work for them.
- WaterSafe aims to raise plumbing standards by helping customers find the nearest qualified plumbing and heating professionals.
- To find out more about WaterSafe or to search for a plumbing business in your area, visit watersafe.
Be safe, be WaterSafe (pdf, 0.56MB) - Information leaflet produced by WaterSafe
- They are fully qualified to carry out plumbing work in homes and business premises.
- They have specific training in Water Fittings Regulations and Byelaws to ensure there should be no risk of poor installation or sub-standard materials that could cause contamination to your drinking water supply.
- They will issue a compliance certificate for their work, which provides a defence for property owners who are challenged by a water supplier enforcing the Water Fittings Regulations and Byelaws.
- They will be required to put their work right if it does not meet the requirements of the Water Fittings Regulations or Byelaws, enforced by the water supplier.
- Should a concern arise, there is an independent complaints procedure in place to resolve any technical disputes about how the work has been carried out.
- For most types of plumbing work, plumbers have a legal duty to notify the water supplier before they start work and this can lead to delays.
- Approved plumbers are audited to check they are complying with the rules of their Approved Plumber scheme.
- Approved plumbers hold public and employee liability insurance.
Approved sectored contractors will not be required to notify us each time you propose to undertake work in one of the sectored areas.
They must pass a Water Regulations assessment test in order to achieve their approved status and demonstrate a highly competent knowledge
They are audited by our dedicated team of Water Regulation specialists.
Plumbers/Sectored contractors can find more details and how to apply to be registered on the APLUS scheme on the following pages.