If you're looking for a plumber, we recommend you take a look at WaterSafe.
- They are fully qualified to carry out plumbing work in homes and business premises.
- They have specific training in Water Fittings Regulations and Byelaws to ensure there should be no risk of poor installation or sub-standard materials that could cause contamination to your drinking water supply.
- They will issue a compliance certificate for their work, which provides a defence for property owners who are challenged by a water supplier enforcing the Water Fittings Regulations and Byelaws.
- They will be required to put their work right if it does not meet the requirements of the Water Fittings Regulations or Byelaws, enforced by the water supplier.
- Should a concern arise, there is an independent complaints procedure in place to resolve any technical disputes about how the work has been carried out.
- For most types of plumbing work, plumbers have a legal duty to notify the water supplier before they start work and this can lead to delays.
- Approved plumbers are audited to check they are complying with the rules of their Approved Plumber scheme.
- Approved plumbers hold public and employee liability insurance.
Approved sectored contractors will not be required to notify us each time you propose to undertake work in one of the sectored areas.
They must pass a Water Regulations assessment test in order to achieve their approved status and demonstrate a highly competent knowledge
They are audited by our dedicated team of Water Regulation specialists.
Plumbers/Sectored contractors can find more details and how to apply to be registered on the APLUS scheme on the following pages.