Temporary Building Supply

You may need a temporary supply of water while you are carrying out building work.

For more information, please see our factsheet and guide on short term and temporary building supplies.


When applying for a temporary building supply, at the point of connection you will need to have selected a water retailer. To read more and for guidance on selecting a retailer, please visit the Open Water website.


To apply, please use our portal Inflow.  


Anglian Water will install a metered boundary box to supply the temporary building supply, once the development has been completed this can be disconnected if no longer required or used to supply the property/development  once constructed.


An alternative option to a new water connection would be to hire a standpipe.  To hire a standpipe you should contact our approved partner Aquam Water Services.

If you require the temporary supply to be disconnected it is important that you inform us by telephone on 0345 791 9155 quoting the bill reference or meter serial number.