Skip to main content

Connect to sewer network

You will need to apply to connect your new or existing property to our public sewers.

This page explains how to make an application and guides you through the process.

We will vet and assess your sewer connection application however, it will be your responsibility to employ a contractor to complete the works. We will then inspect the works to see if they meet the necessary standards.


See our sewerage contractors page for more information.

If you are a non-household customer or applying for a temporary building supply (TBS), at the point of connection you will need to have selected a water retailer. 


To read more, and for guidance on selecting a retailer, please go to the Open Water website.